THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG

WELCOME TO "THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG"

Friday 17 January 2020

C’River LGA Polls: PDP aspirant expresses confidence in huge support to emerge winner



ONE of the chairmanship aspirants for Yala Local Government Council  in Cross River State, under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Cross River State Chapter, Mr Godwin Offiono, has expressed confidence in the huge support from electorates and consultations made so far to emerge winner ahead of the Cross River Local Government elections on March 28, 2020.

Offiono made the assertion when addressing his supporters in Abuja, where he said there is no cause for alarm, because he has the confidence that he would be announced the winner.

According to him, being in contest since 2003, there is no doubt about his pedigree and integrity based on his vast experience and knowledge about the Yala political terrain, that he is more advantageous compared to other aspirants in the race to emerge winner come March 28, 2020, being the peoples’ choice.

He said: “I have never being in advantaged position as I am today since I have been in this game. I have attempted two elections; I ran in 2003, I attempted the chairmanship election in 2010, and in each of these times I made tremendous impact.

“As advantaged as I am today I have gathered some experiences, support from the top, and at the appropriate time we have to prosecute this business. The position I see myself today is so advantaged. I must even say I am more advantaged than all these 15 to 20 people you are seeing over there.

“We are going to drive this process systematically from that position of will or nothing and a position that is required to place everybody on the table and it will be pleased. So far I have interacted well.

“I have interacted with about 90 per cent of the stakeholders. We are looking at first on focusing on the Electoral College system where I know the delegates and the delegates know me. I have spoken with  each and every one of these delegates except a couple of few ones I have not interacted with.

“I have taken advice, counsel, and admonishment and I have taken enough. I feel so full. Let me even prophetically tell you that I am the next chairman of Council."

He also allayed fears of some of his supporters over candidates allegedly endorsed by the Governor of Cross River State, Prof Ben Ayade, and some senators from the state.

“From all standards I have looked at everything. You may be hearing stories that His Excellency,  said this, but His Excellency has not adopted anybody.

“We have our intelligence confirming these positions. You should not be frightened by the stories making the rounds, but I can assure you that I will be be the next chairman of council by the grace of God Come the 28 of March 2020. I have huge support and if I have such support and the ticket from PDP, do you think there is anything again? We are synergizing well”, he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow