THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG

WELCOME TO "THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG"

Monday 28 May 2018

RETROSPECTIVE LIFE ~ OFANA EMMANUEL




theeaglesvoice.blogspot.com - Leave a comment

While growing up as a child under an elder brother, we were taken to the market to get foot wears we could use for Christmas,I was so happy before we got to the market because I was promised a pair of rubber sandals.We arrived the vendor's shop in company of my elder brother who asked I point the one I liked,I did and my brother was told the last price was twenty naira while my brother offered to pay eighteen naira,I was denied the opportunity to wear those beautiful sandals because of  COMMON two naira.
That is not the major issue, the thing was that my elder brother had a lot of money in his pocket but could not add up two naira so I could evade the shame of wearing a pair of slippers which I had boasted before my friends I would never wear for a Christmas celebration.Right at the market I started crying so profusely that my elder brother stared at me in anger and pointed to the sky and said calmly, 'it is hanging up there waiting for you, just look at it, it is waiting for you.'Truly, I did not understand what it meant except to believe he was just being wicked for not adding up just two naira to make my Christmas celebration a good one.
Now I see quite often what was hanging in the sky that my brother was trying to point out to me, just recently I went to a boutique to buy a pair of shoes I liked, I was asked to pay ten thousand naira but I told the guy what I would pay was nine thousand five hundred naira even when I had more than twelve thousand naira in the pocket,so I ended up not buying those beautiful pair of shoes. Why did I not buy it even when I had more than the required amount in my pocket? I thought about so many bills that I needed to pay. As soon as I stepped out of that shop, one spirit spoke to me, 'the reason why you did not buy those shoes was the reason why your brother could not buy those sandals for you as a child even though he had more money in his pocket - he had other bills to pay.' Right at that point, I looked up and found the heavy burden he was pointing out to me in the sky and now I know time and age reveal all things.
Actually, to be a man is not a day job, I will share this story with him any time I go home and I will apologise and let him understand that I was only being a child that I was, though he knows so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow