THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG

WELCOME TO "THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG"

Friday 18 January 2019

WHY I WILL BE VOTING AYADE IN THE NEXT ELECTIONS (1)~ Ochelebe II


18th January, 2019

By Tony Ochelebe II.

I didn't like His Excellency, Professor Benedict Ayade. This dislike was owing to the fact that most of his projects were in opinion described in rather superlatives while what were on ground were not reflective of such descriptions.

I wrote a somewhat 'advisorial' piece sometimes last year and two individuals called to celebrate me for my 'courage' and 'unbiasness'. But what they failed to note was that I didn't say I wasn't going to vote for Ayade. My piece suggested that I was still dilly dallying on who should take my vote.

Now,  I came out to say I would be casting my vote for Prof.  Ayade and I have suddenly become more corrupt than a flash drive infested by Trojan Horses.

As far as I can see, Ayade has done well given the resources at his disposal.

One of the reasons Nigeria continues to 'fail' is the over concentration of our resources in the hands of a few.  In everyday English,  it means we have monies in the hands of very few people. Prof.  Ben Ayade tried solving this by his appointments. And the charge was,  "Food on the table,  hands on the plough", this was saying take money,  settle your monthly needs but roll up your sleeves and farm. I want to believe he bore in mind the imports of our extended family system...

By these appointments and all things going as planned, our political institution has become more inclusive than it was before him. The economic institution is also looking up in the lives of these individuals who were privileged to get appointed.

I will talk more on inclusive and extractive institutions and Prof.  Ben Ayade's government in subsequent writings...

Tony Ochelebe II is a social commentator and a service delivery expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow