THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG

WELCOME TO "THE EAGLES VOICE BLOG"

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Politics... Francis Ekpo Officially announced His intention to Run... See details..




Mr Francis made this available to theeaglesvoiceblog on Wednesday.
Theeaglesvoiceblog quote verbatim Mr Ekpo's speech.  Read full statement below.

My dear brothers and sisters of Yala 1 state constituency, I do not propose to say many words today. The time has come when action rather than speech is needed. The action that precedes religious or partisan lines, the action to re-unite our families, the action to care for the aged and our retired parents, the action to build bridges across the already separated political rivers, the action to build and develop the potentials of our smart, hard working, highly intelligent and dedicated youths.

I have traversed round the eight political wards of Yala one State constituency; the stories are the same, the pictures in my subconscious are disturbing, absolutely nothing has changed, our Farm land are the same, our schools are deteriorating except for few, thanks to SUBEB, Not to talk of the cognitive and psychomotor output of our children. I couldn’t see hope on the faces of our youths, the hunger, poverty and negligence of our people is nothing to write home about.

Three of the most fundamental challenges and ordeals that heralds the collapse and poor representation in our constituency are
1. Leadership
2. Leadership
3. Leadership

Everything rises and falls on leadership. The kind of representation we have today from Yala one State constituency in the CRS House of assembly is nothing to write home about. Yala has never had it this bad. From Hon. Moses Ogble to Hon. D J Ogar, Hon. Ogalama, Hon. Mathew Ojugbor, Rt. Hon. Tom Agi, to Rt. Hon. Larry Odey. 

In this revolution, research has become very central. History is not a fiction of lies but past realities, History has been vindicated to an extent that it is clearer to the blind and very audible to the deaf that from inception, yala one state constituency has always produced representatives of substance and value, but for this one.

My fellow constituents, I know you’ve been neglected in the past 37 months, don't expect miracles in the next 9 months, the story would be the same. However, we can change the story and narratives in 2019. I know you’ve wallowed in tears and disappointment, the hour of restoration has come.

Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord Saying, who will I send and who will go, Isaiah answered, here I am Lord, send me. My fellow brothers and sister, I’ve heard your call today, I have answered and I’m willing to go on this errand for you, I’m willing to be your voice in the wilderness, I’m willing to speak for you, I’m willing to be a friend that sticks more than a brother, I’m willing to be the Son that would wipe away tears of his parents, I’m willing to be your lobbyist, your negotiator, I’m willing to be your representative, I’m willing to be your law maker.

My fellow youths, the bulk of this process lies in your hands, we must guard against acquisition of unwarranted influence, weather sought or unsought, we must never give room for certain characters to endanger our destinies and future, we must kick against imposition, the voice of the people must prevail, we would take nothing for granted. my ambition is completely anchored in God with my in-depth knowledge that power comes only from God

Ladies and gentlemen, my fellow constituents, it is on this note that I hereby declare my intention to contest for a seat in the Cross River State house of Assembly to represent the good people of Yala one state constituency.
Let's do this together...
We rise by lifting others...
And together, we can achieve the extraordinary.

Thank you, and God bless.

Francis Odachi Ekpo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow